Wedding programs are not only helpful to guests but also add that special touch to your ceremony. It’s probably safe to assume that your guests won’t know all the people involved in your wedding so programs are a great way to introduce your parents, the wedding party, ushers, etc., as well as those who are participating in the ceremony (officiator, musicians, organist, soloist, readers, etc.). At the same time, guests will use your printed program to follow along with the order of service.
Here are a few other details that you may consider having printed on your programs, depending on your preferences and the available space…
- The names of any family members or friends in whose honor you have placed a floral arrangement or special candle in loving memory on your special day.
- A reminder to guests regarding cell phones and cameras. Include a line such as…Welcome to our “unplugged” wedding. We kindly ask you to put your phones and cameras away until the completion of the ceremony.
- An invitation to guests along with the location if you are having a reception immediately following the ceremony.
- A message of thanks to all of your guests for being with you on your wedding day.
- Special sentiments to your wedding party, parents, etc.
- A few favorite things or fun facts about you and your fiancé.
- An announcement of your new home address as newlyweds.
When it comes to the design of wedding ceremony programs, the more traditional styles tend to be folded in half or into thirds as a trifold design.
More modern styles can include whimsical designs, bold colors, 2-sided printing, unique shapes, etc. This Graphic Delight design shown below has a blended mixture of different typestyles and contemporary graphics. It’s also folded into thirds horizontally for a compact program size.
You may even find that there is a program design to match or complement your wedding invitation design as shown here.
Another popular trend is attaching your program card to a plastic or wooden handle creating a wedding program fan. This makes it easier for guests to hold the card and to conveniently use it as a personal fan for keeping cool during warm weather. These program fans also come in unique and fun shapes as shown below.
It’s important to be accurate with all the details of your wedding program but you can also be creative with the design you choose to the delight of your guests. Be sure to browse our entire selection of wedding programs including traditional, modern and whimsical styles.