Having unique wedding invitations doesn’t have to just refer to the invites themselves. Why not start with the outside which is what your family and friends will see first when they arrive in their mailboxes.
Here are a few creative ways you can make the outside of your mailing piece as unique as your wedding invitations…
- Size – There are so many different designs from which to choose that can also include different sizes such as tea length and square. Whatever the invitation’s dimensions, the mailing envelope will be sized accordingly to reflect the unique size and shape.
- Self-Mailing Style – Choosing this style actually eliminates a separate mailing envelope altogether. Commonly known as seal n send wedding invitations, this all-in-one style is conveniently designed to fold up into its own self-mailing piece. A response postcard is attached to the invitation along a perforation for easy removal and return by your guests again without a separate envelope. Since it’s folded and sealed, the ready-to-mail piece will actually show the back side of the invitation printed with the design you chose making it a truly unique piece of mail.
- Color – With certain designs, you may be presented with the option of choosing colored inner and/or outer envelopes in place of the standard white for an additional charge. You can make your color selection from the choices listed to match your invitation design. A more recent trend has some designs including the outer envelope made from kraft paper. Color is sure to bring attention to your invitation mailing.
- Decorative Seals – To add a special touch to the outside of your invitation mailing piece, a decorative seal can be placed on the back of the envelope giving the appearance that it is sealing the flap down. For seal and send invitations, the seals are included since they really do seal the invitation for mailing. When purchasing your own decorative seals, you’ll find many design choices from monograms to first names to specific themes.
- Custom Wedding Postage Stamps – Creating your own personalized wedding stamps is another creative option for mailing your wedding invitations. You can choose to upload your favorite photo or select a ready-to-use wedding design just adding your names and wedding date. Another great way to reflect your own personal style.
Today’s couples are eager to add their own personal touches to all aspects of their wedding. So why not make the mailing of your unique wedding invitations a little more special using any of the above ideas to start building your guests’ excitement even before they open them.